Carpet Blood Stain Removal Solutions
Do you know How To Clean Carpets or Get Blood Out Of Your Carpet? There are various types of stains from which you should prevent your carpet. However, some of them can be easily removed while others require treatment as they are stubborn types. One such stubborn stain is the Blood Stain. Small accidents always happen in your house like cuts or something. Blood releases from these accidents and this makes a stain on your carpet. You can not remove these stains easily and this annoys you.
But this is to inform you that it is not a permanent stain. It is only a stubborn type of stain that does not remove easily but by using the correct materials, methods, and techniques, you can remove them. Here are some useful cleaning tips and step-by-step instructions to give you an idea about Blood Stain Removal From Carpets. This proved to be very helpful in the removal of these stains successfully.
Step-By-Step Guide For The Removal Of Blood Stains From The Carpet
Some of the tips are given below that remove the blood stains completely. This helps in the removal of blood stains and can restore the appearance of your carpet.
- Immediate Response
- Act Quickly: It is the very first and the most important step that you should quickly act on the stains as soon as you address them. This will increase the chance of stain removal completely.
- Safety First: Always use disposable gloves, when you act on the stain. In this way, you get protection from any type of bloodborne pathogens.
- Preparation Of The Cleaning Solution
There are 2 best methods for the preparation of the cleaning solution. These are as follows:
- Cold Water Method: In this method, mild dishwashing soap or laundry detergent is mixed with cold water and shaken well for proper mixing.
- Hydrogen Peroxide Method: Take a bowl and mix 3% hydrogen peroxide with equal parts of cold water.
- Blotting Technique
This includes the following steps:
- Testing: For testing the colour fastness, perform a spot test on any of the hidden parts of the carpet with your chosen and well-prepared cleaning solution.
- Blotting Process: Either use a paper towel or a white cloth for blotting the stain. To spread the colour, work from the outer edges to the inner areas. Do not rub the stain as the stain can get deeply embedded into the carpet.
- Cold Water Method: If the cold water method is used, then spray the prepared cold water and detergent solution on the stained area. Use a paper towel or a cloth to blot the stain. Then continuing the staining and blotting process until the stain is visible.
- Hydrogen Peroxide Method: Open the stained area and put a small amount of hydrogen peroxide solution over it. Leave it for a few minutes to sit the solution. Blot the stain with the help of a white cloth or paper towel. Repeat the process until the Blood Removal From the Carpet completely occurs.
- Persistent Stains And Alternative Methods
If the stains persist after this, then you can use the following alternative methods:
- Enzymatic Cleaner: Choose the best enzymatic cleaner for your carpet and apply it in a prescribed quantity. Leave it for some time as recommended. Blot the stain and rinse it with water.
- Ammonia Solution: Make a perfect solution of 1 cup of household ammonia in 1 cup of cold water. Apply the solution to an inconspicuous area for testing and if there are no issues then apply the whole solution over the carpet with a clean cloth. At the last blot the stain and rinse.
- Professional Carpet Cleaners: When the stain persists after doing all these practices then take the help of a professional for best results.
- Rinse The Stained Area
Take a clean cloth and dampen the cloth with cold water. Blot the whole stained area for the removal of all the cleaning residues.
Place a clean cloth or a white paper towel stake on the damp area and place a heavy object over it. With the help of this excess moisture will be absorbed from the carpet fibers.
To restore the original texture of the carpet, fluff the carpet with your fingers or a soft brush.
Precautions While Cleaning The Blood Stains And Blood Removal From Carpet
The blood stains on the carpet may become stubborn and permanent if not act promptly. While using the above steps for Blood Removal From the Carpet, you should take the following precautions:
- Before applying the whole solution, test the cleaning solution on a small hidden area of the carpet to ensure discolouration or damage.
- To prevent spreading the stain further while blotting and dabbing the stain, work from the outer edges towards the centre.
- Warm or hot water can set the stain permanently, so use only cold water while treating the blood stains.
- Never use bleach or ammonia-based cleaners as they can worsen the stain by reacting with the blood.
- React immediately as soon as you observe the stain.
Blood Removal From Carpet is not an easy task as you have to be quick in action while seeing the stain. Correct techniques must be used by choosing the right cleaning solution. This includes hydrogen peroxide, cold water, ammonia solution, enzymatic cleaners, etc. All these are effective against blood stains. Various precautions can be taken while using these steps for the perfect removal of blood stains. If the stain persists then it is suggested to take the help of expert professionals for complete and timely removal of stains. If you need same daay carpet cleaning services in Brisbane contact us now!!